We are searching for the right person to assist us in Product Design & Development/Mechanical Engineering for new equipment including upgrading our current line of products. We have been in business for over 36 years and the need to be competitive is crucial.
Our clientele includes many internationally recognized brand names within the food and beverage manufacturing industry. This unique and creative individual will assist us in maintaining our position a leader in our core business and allow us to expand into new and developing industries.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience along and an excellent benefit package.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Equipment design, engineering and development of equipment and systems which fully meet design criteria within defined cost, timing and quality objectives.
- Work with Sales & Marketing to initiate equipment design and development projects.
- Develop, implement and maintain specifications, processes, equipment and information to support manufacturing objectives with particular focus on cost reduction and continuous improvement.
- Review and approve cost breakdowns for quotations for equipment offerings and take action to correct negative trends.
- Final approval and turnover of production orders to manufacturing/production as well as management of schedules for production orders to meet customer requirements.
- Oversee the development of cut sheets and material lists and other documentation as may be required by production to facilitate the planning, scheduling and controlling of the production process.
- Research and benchmark other processes and equipment within the industry to identify improvement opportunities.
- Review and approve all mechanical and electrical drawings to ensure manufacturability and up-to-date condition and that they reflect present practices and design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Advanced level of knowledge, AutoCAD, Solidworks, Microsoft Office and Project management
- 5-10 years experience as a manufacturing process engineer preferably in a packaging machinery manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 5 years experience in fabrication, machining and assembly of sheet metal including cutting, shearing, punching and forming processes.
- Experience in programmable controls, CNC programming, advanced manufacturing methods and lean manufacturing.
- Minimum 10 years experience in computer aided design and manufacturing.
- Experience in machine and system design of processing equipment and machinery
- Experience in technical and operations specifications, component drawings and bills of material
- Proven ability to develop innovative designs and creative solutions
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects and leverage time to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work well under pressure situations (deadlines) efficiently and effectively.
- Multi-tasking capacity to handle many ideas, projects and responsibilities at once
Please e-mail your resume with a covering letter to email@example.com
No phone calls or Recruiters Please