We have several positions shop fabrication positions available at our Surrey (Port Kells) location immediately:
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright)
- Mechanical Assemblers
- Steel Fabricators
- Parts Fabricators
- Shop Labourers
Our regular work week is Monday to Thursday with 10-hour work days (7 AM to 5:30 PM); however, additional overtime work is required when needed to satisfy schedule requirements.
Key Job Requirements:
- Fabrication and assembly of conveyor systems and machinery for the food and beverage packaging industry
- Installation of sprockets, bearings, chain drives, drive shafts, drive motors, conveyor chains and belts
- Machining of sprockets and shafts and keyways
- Operation of hydraulic brakes, shears and punch equipment
- Welding using TIG and MIG processes
- Fabrication and preparation of parts
- Disassembling and crating finished equipment to prepare for shipment
- Service/installation work at breweries, dairies, and other food and beverage production facilities
- Problem solve and troubleshoot to assess and repair existing conveyors and machinery
- Grade 12 diploma
- Completion of, or current registration in, an applicable trades program
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience with medium to heavy sheet metal fabrication
- Experience operating basic hand tools, saws, drills, brakes, shears, etc.
- Knowledge of mechanical systems and components, such as shafts, motors, sprockets, gears, pneumatics, etc.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (machining, welding, CNC, sheet metal work, laser or waterjet cutting)
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Self directed, reliable and accountable
- Motivated team player
- Strong communication skills
- Must have your own reliable transportation, safety boots and hand tools
Skills that would be Additional Assets
- Occupational First Aid certification
- Forklift operation certification
- Basic understanding of electrical controls and automation
- Knowledge of minor hoisting and lifting
- Work as part of a collaborative manufacturing organization towards the production of conveyors and equipment for breweries and other food and beverage companies
- Work in exciting industry – conveyance of bottled/canned beverages and food products
- Visit breweries and other beverage plant operations to review production line requirements and carry out assessment, service and installation work
- Candidates with the right mindset, skills and motivation will have an opportunity for growth within this established, reputable company
- Work on a variety of different equipment types: Conveyor Systems, Cooling Tunnels, ZPPIs, Rinsers, Controls
Compensation is dependent on qualifications and level of training. A benefits package is available after initial employment period.
No phone calls or recruiters please.