WHO ARE WE?
At BEVCO, we manufacture a variety of custom conveyor systems and packaging equipment for food and beverage companies. We are:
- Established – 40 years
- Worldwide – 45 US States, 32 Countries, 5 Continents, 1000+ Clients
- Reputable – 1000+ Clients, Industry Leader, High Quality Products
WHY CHOOSE A CAREER WITH BEVCO?
- Opportunity to make an impact
- Looking for a challenge
- Contribute to an organizational purpose: We Convey Satisfaction
- Strong team environment
- Opportunity for professional growth and long-term career potential
- Live in one of the world’s most livable and beautiful cities
- Easily accessible office location (#1 Hwy and 200 St. in Surrey, BC)
- Benefits package
Bevco is looking for someone to play a key role our crating, yard maintenance and shipping/receiving departments. The Crating Lead / Shipping Assistant is responsible for building our wood skids and crates and packing our finished equipment effectively in crates to ensure safe shipment across North America. This individual will also be responsible for maintaining our yard and our waste and recycling programs and will assist with shipping, receiving and inventory activities.
Monday to Thursday: 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM (regular hours)
Friday: 7:00 AM to 3:15PM (overtime on an as-needed basis)
- Extended health care:
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Company events:
- Canucks tickets
- Christmas lunch for staff
- Christmas brunch for staff and family
- Lunch events throughout year
- Staff celebrations
- Hockey pools with company-donated prizes
- Forklift training and certification
- Two 15 minute paid breaks
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review shop drawings, parts lists and layouts of parts and components prior to commencing work
- Safely operate CNC press brake machine to bend and form stainless steel components
- Operate overhead crane to lift and move sheets of stainless steel
- Operate Trumpf CNC fibre laser machine to cut stainless steel sheets
- Separate and label stainless steel pieces cut by laser
- Use Lissmac Deburring Machine, Dynafile/Dynabride, belt sander and wire brush wheel sander to deburr the edges of stainless steel parts cut with our fibre laser
- Operate 10 ft hydraulic shear
- Operate Pierce-All punch machine as back-up to laser, on rare occasions
- Roll curves on powered Rolls machine
- Use chop saw to make PVC rollers
- Layout, drill and tap holes
- Assist with the preparation of stainless steel parts prior to welding and assembly
- Use Ironworkers to shear and punch stainless steel flat bar
- Use chop saw to cut straight edges on stainless steel tubing
- Use mitre saw to cut angled edges on stainless steel tubing
- Transfer punch holes using jigs for standard stainless steel parts
- Use drill press to drill and countersink holes for fasteners
- Use other hand tools and equipment to assist with the fabrication of our equipment
- Contribute in other areas of production, such as assembly and crating, as needed, such as assembly, plastics fabrication, crating, etc.
- Demonstrate care with respect to quality and thoroughness of work
- Assist in other areas of production as needed, such as general labour, metal fabrication, plastics fabrication and mechanical assembly.
- High School Diploma
- Vocational trades training is an asset, such as sheet metal worker, steel fabricator, etc.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience safely operating a CNC press brake machine and other CNC equipment
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with sheet metal and steel parts
- Ability to confidently read and interpret shop drawings
- Ability to read a tape measure and calipers and accurately use them prior to cutting, drilling, etc.
- Experience operating basic hand tools, table saws, drill presses, grinders, etc.
Personal Skills and Attributes
- Commitment to show up on time consistently
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with guidance
- Strong listening and retention skills along with willingness to learn
- Possession of reliable transportation, safety boots and personal hand tools
- Pride in the quality of your work and contributing in your role as part of a team
- Strong verbal communication and positive demeanor
- Attentive to detail
- Motivation to put in extra hours when needed to meet project deadlines
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with your resume and wage expectations to email@example.com.
No recruiters or phone calls please.